The Children and Youth Pavilion is committed to providing a safe environment and a positive experience for all young people and children who engage and interact with us. The Pavilion is committed to A COP Fit for Children and the key areas outlined there and to the child safeguarding policies of Save the Children and UNICEF.
Safeguarding measures at the Pavilion
In addition to this provision, the Pavilion will have the following Child Safeguarding Officers. Children and chaperones can contact anyone from the list below if you have any concerns, or need any support throughout the two weeks of COP28:
- Mira Torres | firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 7826859378
- Joseph Tyrrell | email@example.com | +44 7585983618
- Teki Tetteh-Wright | firstname.lastname@example.org |+44 7826 660 101 (available week 1)
- Mridula Pandey | email@example.com | +91 7428292397 (available week 1)
- Maddy Watkins | firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 7586729037 (available week 2)
- Saumya Malhotra | email@example.com | +91 8527398739 (available week 2)
- Jennifer Domingo | firstname.lastname@example.org | +971547729766
- Niha Shahzadi | email@example.com | +971523677940
- Muhammad Walid Khan | Mwalidkhan98@gmail.com | +971544227753
- Mahmood Fida | firstname.lastname@example.org | +971503107827
- Ahmad Zakir | email@example.com | +971556960788
Their responsibilities include:
- To be easily contactable so that children or adults can contact them with any CSG concerns
- To provide clear and child-friendly information to children and adults on CSG and the processes and procedures in place at the Pavilion - including notifying children and chaperones on where they can get support, health, where they can eat/drink, and report any concerns
- To track and report to the agreed channels on any concerns or incidents/reports that are shared with the CSG Officer
The Children and Youth Pavilion will adhere to the UNFCCC Code of Conduct work and work closely with the mechanisms in place for reporting complaints and investigating possible allegations.
Resources for young people participating in COP28
A guide for young climate activists to understand, navigate, reduce and respond to the risks that may arise before, during and after an event, and includes information about available support.